Friday, July 3, 2009

My book is being released!

Hurray! After years and years of standing on the edge and being intimidated by technology, I have actually taken the plunge - and here I am happily swimming.
My big news is that my first book, Travelling Light, a compilation of my Life Positive columns, is being released next week. In Mumbai, it will be at Crossword, Kemps Corner, on July 8th, 7 pm. The chief guest is my former publisher Mr Nari Hira who I have always regarded as my real guru, because it was the respect and acceptance he extended to me that that really gave me the space to transform, way back in 1991. Others include Satya Saran and Luke Kenny. Anyone who means anything to me will be there lincluding most of my family and friends. Am excited. I see it as a kind of coming out event, after about 13 years of being in a kind of hermitical seclusion. Hope it goes well.
In Delhi, the event is on July 10, India Habitat Centre, Gulmohar Hall at 6.30 pm. The chief minister is coming to release the book.
Well that is all from me today. Hope to post in something every day or every other day. Would love to be able to express my views, news and perspectives here. Thanks for reading. Would love to get your comments.

9 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to the launch. I have always wanted to have your columns printed in a book. Will be there surely and hope to see many like minded people there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Suma,
    Congratulations! It must be such a joy to have come out with this creation.
    All good wishes for the launch of your book.

    Right from the days of your writing in "Savvy", I have been keenly following your written expressions. They form a commentary on your own growth and inner transformation.

    I pray that your book inspires others to travel light towards the love and light of their own Being.

    Much love and my best wishes,

    Arun Wakhlu
    (Swami Amano Gaurav)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Arun. How good of you to check out this site. Do visit it periodically.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I have always wanted to have your columns printed in a book.

    All good wishes for the launch of your book.
    Lots of love and best wishes!

    Abraham K John

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!long time no hear.congrats to you .Its the beginning of a great writer I admired from school days.I am stuck on a task in upper india.kindly keep Two copies signed by you.regards.LOL.Prem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course I have a personal invite but that doesn't stop me from saying, Congratulations! I shall be there with Harvinder. I don't know if I'll travel light because the bag I carry to work has all the things I need to take me through the day and more and it's HEAVY. I'll be adding a copy of your book, duly signed by you, to my other prized possessions in the bag. You must be so excited! I can feel the energy; it's so contagious. More power to you Suma and wish you the very best. I promise to de-clutter my bag and my life and travel light by shedding a few kilos too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Over the many years we have known each other, I have watched you grow not just professionally but in stature as a loving, compassionate human being. Your personal growth fills me with a fierce sense of pride. My family and I wish you love, good health and great new beginnings of a joyful new journey.

    Will miss seeing you in Mumbai on the 8th but as you know you will always be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Abraham, Prem, Archana and Mukta,
    Thank you for your heartwarming words.Prem, those books will be kept in readiness for you and I recall the many times you goaded me to come out with a book. This is the first, I hope, but not the last.
    Archie, your bag may be heavy, but your heart is light. And that is the way it should be!
    Mukta,thanks for being a rock solid support all the years we have known each other. You are the one friend I know I can holler out to in any emergency and there you will be, fire extinguisher in hand! Will miss having you there, my friend!

    ReplyDelete